One of the most popular spreads in the world is Peanut Butter. People who love it find it sumptuous, and they believe it has a great texture. They love how it sticks to the roof of their mouth before it melts. You must be wondering what Peanut Butter actually is. It is an unprocessed food that contains peanuts ground into a paste. We hear about Reese's Pieces and some other high-protein breakfast that can help us increase our immunity. However, a lot goes into making peanut butter that transforms normal peanuts into a healthier diet.
Some of the common ingredients that most of the companies use these days in making peanut butter are:
- Vegetable oils
- Trans Fat
If you consume a large amount of added sugar and fat, you will suffer from health conditions like a heart attack, obesity, high blood pressure, and high blood sugar. In this guide, we will walk you through different types of Satvic Foods peanut butter, how easy it is to make peanut butter at home, and what are the benefits of consuming peanut butter on a daily basis.
There are various reasons why you should include peanut butter in your diet.
- Good Protein Source: Peanut butter consists of three main macronutrients. A 100 grams of peanut butter usually contains 22 grams of carbohydrate, 22.5 grams of protein, and 51 grams of fat. Even though it is rich in protein, it lacks methionine (an essential amino acid). For average protein intake, you can consume it daily. However, if you want to eat a high-protein breakfast, include it with other diets, like your smoothies, shakes, salads, and whole-grain toast.
- Low in Carbs: Pure peanut butter is a suitable low-carb diet. The ones you get in the markets contain more than 20% carbs. However, you can choose Satvic Foods' range of Peanut Butter to get the right carbs. It is available in three types- Almond Peanut Butter, Cashew Peanut Butter, and Chocolate Almond Butter. They are the perfect low-carb snacks.
- High in Healthy Fats: Peanut Butter contains high amounts of fat. Even though they have high-calorie content, you can eat moderate amounts if you are on a weight-loss diet.
Besides these, peanut butter is also rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
One of the best peanut butter available in the market is Satvic Foods Peanut Butter. It is because it comes in two varieties- Almond and Cashew. You can get the perfect protein requirement by consuming it, as it contains up to 30 grams of protein per 100 grams of peanut butter. It does not contain trans fat, hydrogenated vegetable oil, and other preservatives. Calorie-conscious people can eat this because it does not have added sugar. If you eat it continuously for 15-20 days, you will see a difference. It is potentially one of the best alternatives to Reese's pieces.
What are the Benefits of Peanut Butter?
Peanut Butter offers potential health benefits. It is because it contains a concentrated source of nutrition. According to a study conducted by the British Journal of Nutrition, peanut butter is one of the famous healthy foods and consuming it during breakfast controls the blood sugar levels throughout the day.
The other benefits of peanut butter are:
- Improved Heart Health: Peanut Butter contains a fat known as oleic acid. When we substitute it with other fats, it helps maintain blood sugar, blood pressure levels, and good cholesterol. The right level of nutrients lowers the risk of heart diseases. Satvic Foods ensure that its peanut butter contains the right amount of fats.
- Reduced Diabetes Risk: Oleic acid reduces the insulin resistance of the body. Insulin resistance is a condition that raises the sugar levels in the blood, thus leading to diabetes. The GI value of peanut butter is 13. Hence it is a low GI food. Peanut Butter contains high magnesium, which is considered a vital nutrient for diabetic patients.
- Anti-Cancer Properties: One of the peanut butter benefits is its anti-cancer properties. Peanuts contain large amounts of antioxidants, which are responsible for repairing cell damage in the body. Research has shown that since it contains large amounts of antioxidants, it somehow reduces the risk of several chronic diseases. After your doctor's recommendation, you can include peanut butter in your everyday healthy diet.
- Helps to Keep the Weight in Check: Peanut Butter contains healthy fats. They are known as monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. These are responsible for lowering the risk of weight gain. Peanut butter is healthy food, and you should make it a part of your breakfast. Since it is high in healthy fats, the body takes time to digest it. You will feel fuller for a long time, and hence you will not overeat.
- Preserves Muscle Mass: When you want to lose weight, you need to maintain the strength in your muscles. If you lose your muscles, your metabolism rate will become slow. A peanut butter rich in proteins will help you to lose weight. At the same time, it will preserve your muscle mass. According to the modern definition of a balanced diet, it should contain peanut butter too. A higher intake of protein boosts metabolism and is beneficial for bones. It also keeps the kidney healthy.
- Best for Fitness Enthusiasts: Peanut butter is an immunity food for bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts. It increases their intake of calories and unsaturated fats. Various nutritionists recommend taking 1.2-1.7 grams of protein per kg of body weight. It increases the mass of the muscles in the body. According to a study, the amino acids present in peanut butter help to enhance the muscle repair system.
When You Eat Peanut Butter Every Day, This Is What Happens
Peanut Butter is one of the healthiest choices for breakfast. There are many potential health benefits of consuming peanut butter every day. However, is it beneficial to eat it daily?
There are many benefits that you can achieve by daily consumption of Peanut butter. It constitutes a healthy diet. It is an immunity food that balances the protein and minerals in your body. Fitness enthusiasts and bodybuilders consume it daily.
- You will ward off Cancer: Peanut is a legume. When we consume it regularly, it is known to reduce the risk of several cancers. These include lung, pancreatic, endometrial, and colorectal cancer. So, if consuming the delicious and nutritious Satvic Foods Peanut Butter will save you from cancer, is there anything that peanut butter cannot do?
- Maintains Weight: If you consume Peanut Butter in the required portion, you will feel satiated and full for long periods. It will prevent you from overeating. You can try easy recipes consisting of Satvic Foods Peanut Butter.
- Value Nutrition and Time: The recipes are easy to make, and you will also gain nutritional value. One of the main struggles we face daily is the time it takes to cook healthy food. Peanut Butter eases this struggle for you. Without sacrificing the flavor or nutrition, you will get a balanced diet. You can even add Chocolate Almond Butter to your recipe to enhance the taste.
- You will be Happier: Who does not love Peanut Butter? Regular consumption of your favorite food will make you happy, and you can give your best in your everyday tasks. The commercial peanut butter might be unhealthy for you. However, Satvic Foods Peanut Butter is something you cannot say no to anyway. It is the best peanut butter for your health.
- Variety of Ways: When you start consuming peanut butter daily, you will find different recipes to savor it. Many recipes are available on the internet. You can choose any for yourself. Be it fruit smoothies or bread- you can consume it any way you want. The daily nutritional intake will ensure that you are never deficient in proteins or vitamins.
Daily consumption will even help you to maintain a distance from junk foods. The fats contents in peanut butter are high. They let you feel satiated and full for long periods. Because of this, you do not overeat or try your hands on junk food every time.
Side Effects of Peanut Butter
Everyone loves peanut butter and finds a way to include it in their diet. There are tons of recipes available on the internet about making healthy food using peanut butter.
While it enhances the taste of anything it touches, there are certain downsides if you consume it too much. While average consumption benefits the body and goes a long way, eating it in large quantities would harm your body by increasing blood sugar levels and unnecessary sodium and fat.
Some of the downsides of consuming peanut butter in large quantities are:
- Hypertension: There are tons of additives in commercial peanut butter. When you eat more your body requires, you might suffer from hypertension. People who already have diabetes should be extra cautious while eating peanut butter from mainstream brands. The saturated fat content leads to weight gain, directly related to hypertension.
- Weight Gain: When consumed in moderation, peanut butter is healthy. It contains unsaturated fats, fibers, vitamins, and proteins. You should know how to eat peanut butter to ensure that you do not intake high amounts. There are many peanut butter benefits, but consumption in higher quantities leads to the downside. Many recipes are available on the internet, and you can choose any of them to ensure that you are not consuming them in an unhealthy manner.
- Acid Reflux: Even though you do not suffer from hypertension after eating a lot of peanut butter, you can damage the lining of your esophagus. Thanks to the peanut butter that causes acid reflux in your body. A balanced diet and a healthy diet contain the right amount of everything. Peanut butter is a calorically dense food. Eat it in moderation to avoid the side effects.
- Heart Disease: Every serving contains a lot of added oils. When you eat it in large quantities, it will weaken your heart. You will be at risk of tons of heart-related diseases. Almost every peanut butter manufactured in a factory contains palm oil. They are high in saturated fats and contain added sugar. When you consume foods that contain large amounts of saturated fats regularly, you will suffer from health conditions like high cholesterol, diabetes, and heart disease. However, Satvic Foods peanut butter is free from hydrogenated vegetable oils. It will not affect your health, even though you consume it in higher quantities.
- Neurological Disorders: Excessive consumption of peanut butter can strain your cognitive functions. However, the type of peanut butter you consume is one of the deciding factors for your health. Satvic Foods Peanut Butter is one of the best choices you will make if you need to avoid such major side effects.
- Indigestion: It does not sound like a threat. However, indigestion due to excessive consumption of peanut butter can cause damage to your body. It contains high amounts of fat, and when consumed in a short interval, it causes stomach aches and indigestion. You will also feel constipated. The human body takes a long time to digest and absorb fat contents, which will make you feel constipated.
Is Peanut Butter Healthy For My Kid?
Peanut Butter is a kid-friendly food. Most kids love it, and it is beneficial for their health if eaten in moderation. You can serve it with apples, celery, crackers, or bread. It contains high amounts of monounsaturated fats that are healthy for the heart. Eating a few tablespoons of peanut butter as snacks or a part of the main meal helps provide essential nutrients.
- Nutrient Content: Peanut Butter contains a good amount of protein, iron, vitamins, and other nutrients. The high content of monounsaturated fats helps to keep a healthy heart. The commercial peanut butter contains hydrogenated vegetable oil, so the Satvic Foods Peanut Butter is a healthier choice.
- Kids Like It: The best thing about peanut butter is that no matter how picky eater your child is, they will still like it. Many kids will not hesitate to try out new foods because it has peanut butter on them. Kids also like to dip bread crumbs into side dips. Peanut Butter can be the best alternative to the sauce. Kids can try it with fruits and vegetables too.
- Cost: Peanut Butter will not create a hole in your pocket. It is healthy, and it also comes at a low price for anyone to buy. One of the best peanut butter is Satvic Foods peanut butter. They are not money-oriented. They focus more on values and quality. The nutritional value is good, and you can give it to your kids without worrying about their health. You do not need to refrigerate the product. It has a good shelf-life.
- Allergies: Researchers advise parents to wait for 2-3 years before serving peanut butter to their children. According to recent studies, the total number of allergies in children has doubled. If someone has a family history of peanut allergies, the kids should avoid consuming peanut butter. However, if there is no family history of allergies, you can serve your kids with peanut butter as soon as they become one year old.
- Power of Proteins: High levels of protein available in Peanut Butter helps to:
- assist in brain development
- helps in healthy bone formation
- enables proper growth of muscles
- helps in developing a great immune system
- assists in the rapid growth of the body
Peanut butter is an immunity food for children. Regular consumption helps to increase the immunity of the body. They can fight with flu easily. Peanut Butter helps to take care of the heart and mind too. Before allowing children to eat the peanut butter directly, let them consume a small number of peanuts first. If they have allergies, keep the peanut butter away from them. The earliest age to introduce peanut butter is one year. Do not let your child consume it before they reach that age.
How to make peanut butter at home?
Have you ever wondered if you can make peanut butter at home? There are quite a few lengthy processes involved to make the product full of nutrition. The homemade peanut butter will not be as smooth as the ones you get in the market. It will always have a rougher texture. You can add a few drops of oil to it and use a powerful blender. However, the consistency will still not be as smooth as commercial peanut butter.
- 2 cups raw and shelled peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons oil (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons honey or any other sweetener (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons cocoa powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Chocolate chips
- Chocolate Butter
- Baking sheet
- A container
Roast the peanuts: To roast the peanuts, arrange a rack in the oven and set the temperature to 350°F. Place the baking sheet on a tray and keep the peanuts on it. Bake until the peanuts start turning golden brown. It will happen in around 10 minutes. You can skip the step if you do not want to roast the peanuts.
- Pulse the peanuts: Transfer the peanuts into a blender. Do this step while the nuts are still warm. Blend them until chopped. Run the blender for at least a minute. Stop in between to scrape the sides of the jar. It will ensure that the blender has chopped peanuts evenly. At this point, the peanuts will start to look gritty.
- Process: You should blend them for another one minute. Now you will notice that the peanuts have started looking glossy and soft.
- Add the extras: Add salt, sweetener, oil, and other ingredients you wish to add.
- Blend again: You have to keep blending until the ingredients become smooth. However, the peanut butter made at home will not be as consistent as the commercial peanut butter. At this point, it will become skippy enough. Taste the salt and sugar. If you wish to add more, add in this step.
- Transfer: Transfer the peanut butter into a container and refrigerate it. You can use it immediately too.
There are a few cons to making homemade peanut butter, like:
- You will not get the same consistency.
- The peanut butter will not last long.
- The process to make it might look easy. However, if you make a mistake, your efforts will go down the drain.
- It will not taste as good as Satvic Foods peanut butter.
Why is Satvic Foods Peanut Butter Better Than Other Brands?
When you buy peanut butter, you want it to be nutritious. Large amounts of protein taste bad. However, Satvic Foods manufactures peanut butter that contains higher amounts of protein when compared with other brands. Nevertheless, it tastes sumptuous.
There are quite a few reasons you should stock your shelves with Satvic Foods Peanut Butter.
- Ingredients: Satvic Foods Peanut Butter contains multiple other ingredients besides peanuts. The other elements include almond/ cashew, pistachios, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, green cardamom, chia seeds, and cinnamon. Satvic Foods does not add any preservatives to our ingredients. To ensure that the raw materials have a great shelf life, we have sun-dried and slowly roasted them using solar cookers. The vital natural herbs present in it boost immunity and promote a healthy lifestyle. Satvic Foods Peanut Butter is a blend of raw dry fruits. The elements used to make it are unique compared to other commercial brands.
- Shelf-Life: Other brands add preservatives to increase the shelf-life of their peanut butter. Satvic Foods believe in producing high-quality peanut butter that is healthy and nutritious for consumers. The product does not contain oil or iodized salt. So, the shelf life increases. The brand uses natural ingredients, natural manufacturing processes and ensures that anyone can consume the product.
- Consumption: Anyone can savor Satvic Foods Peanut Butter. The product contains zero trans fat content, so it is healthy even for heart patients. It has 30 grams of protein per 100 grams of peanut butter. Hence, it can fulfill your daily protein intake. Diabetic patients do not have to worry about their sugar levels after consumption. The product has zero added sugar, and it is best for calorie-conscious people. An optimal intake reduces the risk of cancer, cardiovascular disease, death due to diabetes, infections, and other respiratory issues. You can consume it to satisfy your hunger pangs in between meals.
- Process: Other brands directly convert peanut butter from peanuts. They instantly convert them from a solid state into a liquid form. It generates high amounts of heat, and the nutritional values are lost. Satvic Foods Peanut Butter does not use machinery. We use stone mills instead. The process is slow, so the nutritional intake is intact. Several companies in the market use oil to roast them, which results in the loss of nutritional value. At Satvic Foods, all the raw materials (including almonds, cashews, peanuts, and more) are roasted directly in a solar cooker, which retains all the nutritional values of the dry fruits.
- Cost: Satvic Foods value the consumer's health more than the cost. We are not money-oriented. Instead, we focus on promoting a healthy lifestyle. Considering other brands, they contain many harmful ingredients in their peanut butter. It will negatively impact you in the long run. However, Satvic Foods Peanut Butter ensures that the products are chemical-free at a fair price. Several brands only add peanuts, selling the peanut butter at a much higher price. Even though we add almost six to seven ingredients to our peanut butter, the cost is substantially low.
Easy Peanut Butter Recipe for a Healthy Diet
Be it losing weight, gaining muscle, or even staying alive- your body needs protein. Unfortunately, it is difficult for many to maintain a balanced diet. It even becomes problematic if you follow a vegetarian or a Satvic diet. You can manage to get rid of this problem by trying your hand at Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie.
A common excuse that all of us make for not consuming protein-rich food is the high cost and unavailability of time. Another justification is that food items containing large amounts of protein do not taste good. The recipe below has chocolate so that the taste will not be an issue for most of us.
We will use Satvic Foods Peanut Butter because it is the best alternative to other peanut butter. It contains the right amount of protein, and you do not have to worry about the quality. The product does not contain preservatives and added sugars. It is one of the main reasons why it is a better choice.
- One large banana
- Two tablespoon Chocolate Almond Butter (if you wish to make a chocolate smoothie)
- 6 oz Yogurt ( The flavor depends on your choice.)
- 3/4 cup milk (You can choose the milk you want- skimmed or unskimmed.)
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Satvic Foods Almond Peanut Butter or Cashew Peanut Butter (depending upon your preference: If you like creamy, then go with Cashew Peanut Butter, if you prefer crunchy peanut butter, then Almond Peanut Butter is your go-to peanut butter from Satvic Foods)
- Chocolate Syrup (It is an optional ingredient, but not advised)
- Slice the banana into a few parts.
- Blend the banana, chocolate almond butter, yogurt, and milk into a blender. OR
- Blend the banana and your choice of peanut butter, yogurt, and milk into a blender
- After a few minutes, add honey, and blend again.
- Scrape the sides of the jar every once in a while. It will ensure that the products do not stick to the walls.
- Blend the paste until smooth.
- Serve the smoothie in a tall glass.
- You can also drizzle a small amount of chocolate syrup on the top. It is an optional step.
Satvic Foods Peanut Butter vs. Other Peanut Butter
Adding Satvic Foods Peanut Butter to your everyday diet is one of the best and healthiest choices you will ever make. The nutrition value of peanut butter is according to the body's requirements. Diabetic people can also consume the product since it does not contain added sugar. You can meet your daily protein requirements since we offer you up to 30 grams of protein per 100 grams of peanut butter.
- Quality: Satvic Foods focus on quality. While other brands use palm oil or other hydrogenated vegetable oils, we do not add them. When other companies fry peanuts, it loses most of their nutritional value. However, we use solar cookers, and the nutritional value is 100% intact. We do not convert the peanuts into peanut butter directly. Other brands do it, and they lose most of the nutrients in the process.
- Shelf-Life: Other brands increase the shelf-life of their products by adding preservatives. On the other hand, we do not add oil or iodized salt to the product. In turn, the shelf-life of our product increases. The raw materials that we add are sun-dried, and we slowly roast them without any addition of fat. Peanut Butter by Satvic Foods is very healthy as it contains only natural ingredients.
- Values: Satvic Foods value their customers by ensuring that they do not suffer from the negative impacts of the product. They keep the nutritional value of the peanut butter intact. Anyone can easily consume without worrying about their blood sugar levels. Other brands add sugar and iodized salt. Not only does it decrease the nutritional value, but greater intakes will harm health.
- Ingredients: Satvic Foods Peanut Butter is a blend of natural dry fruits. We make it using roasted peanuts, almonds, pistachio, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, green cardamom, cinnamon, and chia seeds. On the other hand, other brands include iodized salt, palm oil, or other hydrogenated vegetable oils, added sugar, and preservatives.
- Manufacturing Process: Other brands roast the peanuts in hot oil. The direct conversion from the solid to the liquid state releases heat energy. It loses most of its nutritional value. We do not use machinery. Instead, we use stone mills. We process the peanuts slowly, so the nutritional value is intact. We also use multiple solar cookers, and the manufacturing process is 100% natural.
Peanut Butter- An Answer to Everything
No matter what your age, size, gender, or country is, there is one thing that everyone will agree on- Peanut Butter is the most balanced diet that everyone loves. It is a high-protein breakfast that you can take if you are hasty. You can consume them as low-carb snacks as well.
There are many peanut butter benefits that you cannot overlook. Many people might wonder how to eat peanut butter. There are a lot of ways and recipes available on the internet.
Satvic Foods make Almond Peanut Butter, Cashew Peanut Butter, & Chocolate Almond Butter. They do not contain iodized salt or even hydrogenated oils.
Some of the importance of Satvic Foods Peanut Butter are:
- Saturated Fats: They do not contain saturated fats. It is one of the top health benefits. It ensures that your heart is healthy strong and pumps blood normally. The unsaturated fats present in it helps to lower the cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Potassium and Magnesium: Satvic Foods peanut butter contains a heart-friendly element known as potassium. It is known to balance the fluid levels in the human body. On the other hand, magnesium blood sugar and blood pressure. It also helps to develop immunity and bones in humans.
- Gallstones: Satvic Foods peanut butter reduces the risk of gallstones, especially in females. It is a condition that occurs if you consume too much commercial peanut butter.
- Lowers Diabetes Risk: Diabetic people should consume peanut butter regularly. It contains low amounts of carbohydrates. When you eat two tablespoons of peanut butter daily, you reduce the risk of diabetes by 30%.
- Promotes Strong Bones: Satvic Foods peanut butter contains high iron, magnesium, and calcium. It helps to develop strong and healthy bones. The healthy protein present in it prevents muscle cramps. You should include healthy peanut butter in your diet. It will improve your overall health as well.
Types of Satvic Foods Peanut Butter
There are three types of Satvic Foods Peanut Butter:
- Almond Peanut Butter: It consists of almond, pistachios, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, green cardamom, chia seeds, and cinnamon. It helps in promoting a healthy lifestyle.
- Cashew Peanut Butter: It consists of roasted peanuts, cashews, walnuts, pistachios, pumpkin seeds, and green cardamom. It helps in healthy brain development and a functioning immune system.
- Chocolate Almond Butter: it consists of Almond, Grated Coconut, Walnut, Jaggery, Homemade Cocoa Powder, Green Cardamom. It is great for heart patients, lowers blood sugar levels, reduces blood pressure, and lowers cholesterol levels.
You should include Satvic Foods peanut butter and Chocolate Almond Butter in your diet because
- It meets the daily protein requirement of the body.
- It is free from trans fats, hydrogenated oils, and other preservatives.
- It has zero added sugar and is ideal for all calorie-conscious people.
- It reduces the risk of cancer, cardiovascular disease, death due to diabetes, and other respiratory issues.
- It is a perfect choice to keep the heart healthier and fitter.
- It is rich in antioxidants. They protect the cells from disease-causing damage.
- It reduces the inflammation in our body.
- It is creamy and delicious.
- You can easily make a lot of delicious recipes using this.
- It is the best alternative to Reese's pieces.
- Satvic Foods' Chocolate Almond Butter is an even better alternative as it has a chocolaty taste. It is great for kids.
Even if you are starting or have tried several peanut butter in the past, you are aware that it helps increase the taste of your bread or smoothies and also helps in increasing your natural immunity. It is advisable from team Satvic Foods that whenever you start consuming any homemade peanut butter-like Cashew Peanut Butter, Almond Peanut Butter, or Chocolate Almond Butter, you should take advice from your doctor or a dietician who can guide you better.