Yellow Toor Daal or Arhar Daal is one such lentil that is regarded as comfort food in nearly all Indian households. It is nourishing, warm, and fulfilling. It is very easy to prepare and goes best with rice, chapati, and dry-cooked veggies.
1 cup yellow toor daal (perennial legume), salt to taste, ½ teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon Satvic Food's Rajwadi Garam Masala, 2 tablespoons ghee (butter), ½ teaspoons cumin seeds, 1 teaspoon hing (asafoetida), 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 3.5 cups water, chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
Steps to follow
- Wash the daal thoroughly in fresh water and soak it for some time.
- Strain the water and put the daal in the pressure cooker.
- Add water, turmeric powder, and salt. Close the lid.
- Cook the daal on medium heat until 4-5 whistles or until it softens.
- Open the cooker once the pressure releases and add lemon juice into the daal.
- Now for tempering the daal or adding a tadka to it, take a ladle, place it on the stove and add ghee to it. Keep the flame low.
- To the ghee, add hing and cumin seeds. Turn off the stove when the cumin seeds begin to sizzle.
- Wait for a few seconds and pour the tadka into the dal.
- Now add Satvic Food's Rajwadi Garam Masala to the dal and mix it well.
- Use chopped coriander leaves to garnish the dal and serve it hot.
Tips or Benefits for Toor Daal
Yellow Toor Daal is a rich source of protein, healthy carbohydrates, and fiber. It promotes overall well-being and development. It is also easily digestible and takes no time to be ready.