Best Sleeping Tips: How to Sleep Better at night Naturally
Healthy sleeping habit is the foundation of good health and a happier mind. Proper sleeping is essential for performing several brain functions. A good night’s sleep can help the body and brain stay remarkably active and fresh throughout the day. Sleep vs. health is directly related to each other as the former can directly affect the functioning of the brain, heart, lungs, metabolism, immune system and affect our mood.
Despite following all the sleeping tips out there, when was the last time you woke up feeling completely refreshed, Or fell asleep easily without worry or effort? Most of us often have to drag ourselves out of bed in the morning because we have problems getting a good night’s sleep.
We at Satvic Foods understand how important sleeping is to health. That is why we have curated some simple sleeping tips that can help you sleep better and make you feel your best throughout the day.
Sleeping tips for our readers:
- Try going to bed and waking up simultaneously every day- this will help develop a healthy sleep schedule.
- Incorporate at least 20-30 minutes of physical activity during the day
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine use as much as possible, especially after sundown.
- Follow a de-stress routine before sleeping. Try a warm bath, reading, or listen to soft music in dim light before sleeping.
- Switch off all electronic gadgets 2 hours before sleeping
- Avoid taking afternoon naps if possible.
- Make sure your bed is clean and comfortable.
- Go out in the sunlight for some time during the day.
- Avoid eating large meals for two to three hours before bed.
- Have a glass of Turmeric milk or Cinnamon milk before sleeping
Night sleep tips as per Ayurveda
According to Ayurveda, Sleeping is an important part of our daily dinacharya (routine) and can make a big difference in the quality of our life.
The most important sleeping tip, as per Ayurveda, is to make changes in our diet. The food we eat can make a huge difference in the quality of our sleep. Some spices, like turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon, aid digestion and have calming properties, which leads to good sleep. The best way to use these spices is to have them with milk in turmeric milk or cinnamon milk before bed.
Effective Sleeping Tips
According to an article by The Sleep Foundation, insufficient sleeping not only leaves us feeling tired but can make us susceptible to a wide range of diseases and health problems. Therefore, we hope these simple yet effective Ayurvedic sleeping tips help you get a good night’s sleep for all those looking for natural sleeping tips.